It’s an exciting time to join Vricon. We are the leading 3D Solution technology provider delivering large scale highly accurate 3D solutions to mission focused USG customers. We are looking for a talented Department of Defense Sales Account Manager to identify sales opportunities, develop new accounts and determine appropriate direction for prospective new business. Hunters Only – must be experienced, have a passion for the hunt, and the drive and stamina to capture new business. This full time permanent position reports to Vice President, US Sales.
The US Defense Sales Manager will be responsible for identifying and growing sales opportunities for the Defense & Intelligence Business Unit. This opportunity requires an individual with a proven track record in outreach to the military and intelligence communities, defense contractors and federal consumers of geospatial information. Ideally the candidate will have experience as a federal employee or military member of a DoD or Intelligence Community organization.
- Hunters Only – must be experienced, have a passion for the hunt, and the drive and stamina to capture net new business In assigned territory
- Participates in all facets of demand generation, opportunity identification, GEOINT solution development, proposal construction, contract execution and ongoing customer relations.
- Aggressively seek out new business opportunities for Vricon in the US Defense and Intelligence community.
- Identify and qualify prospects for accounts through personal research and networking; industry and company sponsored events; establishment of relationships with senior level executives, decision makers and influencers; and other methods as applicable.
- Collaborate with prospect / customer to identify the best solution to business challenges and quantify the financial, operational, business risks of not addressing those challenges
- Identify, cultivate and close opportunities in new and existing accounts that drive meaningful value (revenue) and sustained YOY sales growth
- Participate in account planning, strategic deal reviews, and quarterly business reviews as required
- Strong Department of Defense experience a must
- Ability to obtain a DoD TS personnel security clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of prior experience in sales and account management required
- Proven track record of ability to deliver sales of complex services and solutions in a competitive environment with ability to close sales through effective and aggressive sales and negotiation techniques
- Strong analytical skills and superior customer service orientation
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to demonstrate excitement about and connection to the Vricon mission and values
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, agile environment with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Commitment to work collaboratively & cross functionally
- Proven track record to leadership style that takes ownership, accountability & responsibility for deliverables & continuously striving for improvement
- Ability to deliver & thrive within ambiguity
- Genuine commitment to providing solutions based customer experiences
- GIS industry knowledge is highly desired especially as it relates to satellite imagery, visualization and defense mapping
- College Degree Requirement: BA/BS or HS + 6 yrs relevant experience
Interpersonal Skills and Abilities
- Able to multi-task
- Comfortable working in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent listening, comprehension, and interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving and analytical abilities
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: competitive base salary; annual incentive plan with payouts based on results; medical plan; dental, life and disability insurance; employee assistance program; flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan with a competitive company match; 10 paid holidays + vacation per year. Vricon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.