The Information Technology Specialist role requires an individual that is technical, customer oriented, and self-motivated. The candidate must feel comfortable supporting specialized, DoD based, systems and applications. Some of the components administered include Windows servers, Linux servers, client workstations running various versions Operating Systems, and network infrastructure. The IT Specialist duties include examining highly complex network problems and implementing corrective actions, configuring and maintaining organizational level networks, assisting the organization’s ISSM representative with compliance/audit functions to ensure regulatory Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) scanning requirements are satisfied, and must actively support the development of required DoD accreditation packages.
- Hands-on management of IT systems: networks, large volume data servers, workstation clients, smart phones, printers, and portable devices.
- In-depth involvement with Linux platforms including Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system.
- Ensuring organizational compliance with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-171 risk management practices.
- Working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment with the senior engineering and program management staff to support risk management activities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with U.S Government Cybersecurity personnel.
- Performing backup and recovery of key systems as required.
- Bachelor of Science or an equivalent degree in Information Technology or Information Assurance
- Seven (7) years plus in a similar position held within the Department of Defense (DoD), DoD contractor, or commercial information assurance industry.
- Candidate must be well organized, detail oriented, and capable of managing multiple simultaneous technical tasks.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and have the ability to obtain an interim DoD SECRET clearance.
- Some CONUS travel is required (<25%) to coordinate software installation and network system configuration activities with the U.S. Army Information Technology onsite representatives.
- Past experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliance practices.
- Experience with Host Based Security System (HBSS) vulnerability assessment scanning activities.
- Prior knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) software maintenance.
- Past experience maintaining computer software and hardware documents related to the DoD Authority to Operate (ATO) reaccreditation activities.
- Candidates with an active Certified information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification are strongly desired.
- An active SECRET clearance.