Vricon, a geospatial-intelligence data and software provider, is seeking an Assistant Controller. Reporting to the CFO, the Assistant Controller will be supporting the accounting and finance function for the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall aspects of accounting functions; including general ledger, sub-ledgers, month / quarter / year-end close
- Coordinate month-end close with operating companies and internal departments.
- Review and approve journal entries, analysis and reconciliations
- Key contact for external auditors
- Monthly reporting and related analysis of all significant accounts and estimates, including insurance reserves, compensation related liabilities, and purchase accounting related accounts
- Assures that financial and accounting records are prepared and reported accurately and in accordance with GAAP
- Collaboration with operations accounting to implement process improvements
- Assist in researching and drafting technical memoranda on accounting for proposed transactions or on new accounting pronouncements that may impact the company.
- Other tasks and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Passion for excellence and process improvement
- Collaborative and inclusive approach
- Ability to analyze data and use technology to create efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- 5-8 years of related experience
- Proven ability to partner with business and help create value
- Strong computer skills required
- Ability to perform well under pressure and in a high-volume and changing environment
- Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines
- Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
- Effectively able to leverage team and drive results